Monday, August 11, 2008

Make an Inukshuk

It is a hot July morning and my partner and I decide to make an Inukshuk, which is a figure built with rocks. Inukshuks were originally created in the northern parts of Canada by the aboriginal people, to help them find their way in the vast territories. If there is one thing we have plenty of on our one acre, it is rocks of all shapes and sizes. We rolled the larger rocks onto our dolly and then dragged them to our chosen spot.We are a good team: I design and adjust, he places and comments. Here is the result of our efforts. It took us about and hour and a half. Also the results wearing a bikini but no sunscreen.

2 comments:

kate said...

Congratulations on your first post. That's a nice Inukshuk! Hope your burn is healing nicely!

ArtPropelled said...

Love the Inukshuk. I enjoyed the piece about your hands over at Kate's. My hands are my favourite tools too and it's only lately (since having carpel tunnel syndrome) that I realize just how important they are.