Sunday, August 15, 2010
This is what we decided to do with our "time off" this summer:
1) Drive along the south shore of the St. Lawrence River to Metis-sur-Mer to visit the Redford Gardens.
2) Cross the river on a ferry from Trois Pistoles to Les Escoumins on the north shore.
3) Visit the Saguenay fjord on the east and west coasts of the river
4) Bike around L`Ile aux Coudres, an island in the St. Lawrence river, just out from Baie St. Paul.
5) Last but not least...spend an afternoon at the Montreal Botanical Gardens.
It was an inspiring 1800 km, 6-day trip. Reto took the 2 pictures of me at the right: one where I am behind of a pair of Alder Buckthorn trees and the other where I am reflected in the window of the Insectarium, just behind his shot of a Monarch butterly!. The other photo was taken at Baie d`Èternite on the Saguenay: we took the 3.5 km hike up to the statue of Notre-Dame-du Saguenay, where we got this view to the north.